True Light Baptist Church
POSITION: Financial Secretary
STATUS: Full-Time Position
SUPERVISOR: Senior Pastor
True Light Baptist Church is seeking a Financial Secretary who will be responsible for maintaining the church’s financial records. The Financial Secretary will be expected to use a high degree of integrity in handling the church’s finances for doing God’s work.
- Record weekly church offerings into financial databases
- Maintain PayPal, Givelify and Square databases
- Transfer funds between church accounts, as approved by the Senior Pastor
- Print weekly financial reports pertaining to church income and expense
- Enter vendor data for payment of invoices
- Print checks for payment of vendor invoices, missions, and funds requests
- Maintain the funds requests process
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll reports
- Prepare and file monthly and quarterly payroll tax reports
- Prepare and file quarterly sales tax report
- Reconcile and analyze all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare monthly financial reports for Finance Committee meetings
- Generate quarterly members’ contribution statements and income/expense summary
- Record weekly attendance data
- Maintain petty cash
- Attend weekly office staff meetings
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of three (3) years bookkeeping or accounting experience
- Associates Degree is preferred
- Must be a baptized, born-again believer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Publisher and PowerPoint is preferred
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced ministry environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate ability to maintain strong customer relations skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Excellent organization skills
- Must demonstrate an ability to be dependable and punctual
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality in handling information in oral and written forms
Monday through Friday. The Financial Secretary will also be required to work Sundays, as needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel.
Applicants should send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates, of interest, may be contacted for additional information. Please note: All communication shall be exclusively by email at email@example.com.
Final candidates must consent to reference checks, educational/credential verification, criminal history/background check, and credit/financial history review.